Wednesday 19 May 2021

2019 Porsche Parade Review

2019 Porsche Parade Review





It hasn t been long since the 991-generation 911 received its mid-cycle facelift in 2016 and it appears that porsche is already working on the next-generation sports. The porsche panamera was introduced in 2009 as porsche s first-ever four-door sedan and the first non-suv front-engined car since much like the cayenne suv the. The redesigned 2019 porsche cayenne receives new turbocharged engines, a lighter body, and other updates - get the full scoop right here.. We get a preview stint behind the wheel of the redesigned, third-generation porsche cayenne. 2019 porsche cayenne preview | .. Plenty is riding on the expected success of the third-generation version of porsche's top suv, the redesigned 2019 porsche cayenne.. Motor trend reviews the 2019 porsche cayenne where consumers can find detailed information on specs, fuel economy, transmission and safety. 2018 car review2018 porsche parade new cars review 2018 porsche parade, 2018 cars 2018 porsche parade 2018 auto reviews. Porsche takes the wraps off the third-generation cayenne. 2019 porsche cayenne revealed: in-depth review future cars. 2019 porsche panamera coupe review - top speed, The porsche panamera introduced 2009 porsche - -door sedan -suv front-engined car cayenne suv . 2017 porsche parade | 2018 - 2019 car reviews 2017 cars review2017 porsche parade 2018 auto specs info release date 2017 porsche parade, 2019 cars changes redesign spy photo 2017 porsche parade honda ford chevy. 2019 porsche 911 review - top speed It hasn t been long since the 991-generation 911 received its mid-cycle facelift in 2016 and it appears that porsche is already working on the next-generation sports. 2017 cars review2018 porsche parade 2018 auto specs info release date 2018 porsche parade, 2019 cars changes redesign spy photo 2018 porsche parade honda ford chevy.





I took delivery of my Boxster GTS in December of that year. As part of the deal, almost without even mentioning it, my SA (who is awesome to deal with) signed up up for Porsche Club of America (PCA). That small detail would end up changing my life and marked both the beginning and the end of my Boxster ownership. I looked into what the club offered and thought a track day was obviously the right thing to do with a Porsche. I'd done plenty of drag racing and a bit of autocross in my 20's so getting onto a proper race track sounded like a ton of fun to me. And it would be. In April of 2015 I did their Introductory Driving School and later that year I'd do my first full blown track day. Here's video from that day. I'd never had so much fun in my entire life!





Now, outside of track days, I used that car for everything I could other than daily commuting. I went on cruises. I did a 5 day, 3000 km rally, I took it for a track weekend at Watkins Glen. I took it on road trips and cottage weekends. I loved everything about it. If you want to know what it's like to drive a Boxster GTS, this video is EXACTLY spot-on. But there was a slight issue. I found more and more of my time was either doing track days or looking forward to track days. And then rumours started flying that the next GT3 would go back to having a manual transmission and would still have a naturally aspirated engine and might possibly be the last one ever to have both those things. Up until then, I'd been pretty responsible about all this. Saving up and not over-extending myself and making sure all my other priorities like electricity bills and retirement saving were covered before I blew a big wad of cash on my car. This was different though. If I didn't dive in and make a go of this, the opportunity might be lost forever. I won't get into all the details of how I begged and pleaded and groveled to even be allowed to buy the car at all, as that's a whole story unto itself, but you can see the end result above. I took delivery of the GT3 in April of last year and had it on a race track at the beginning of May. So I went from really wanting a roadster to enjoy long drives on back roads with the top down to being a full-blown track rat with a giant wing on my car. Things change. Enjoy the journey!





The steering wheel reminds me of the next noteworthy missing item. The second item was the wood for the dash. The 901 came with some of the wood dash pieces still in place, but not all of them. It should be noted that the early 911 wood dashes had a thin metal backing on them to retain their shape and allow for removal and replacement. The 901 wood dashes had no such backing, so removing them effectively destroyed them. During our months (years actually) of searching out other parts I came upon a (complete) set, which was also in sad condition. While the pieces were not restorable, they were good enough to be used as templates for a wood craftsman to fabricate a completely new set. A friend of ours, Sandy Dustman, who lived in Cambria California at the time, in addition to being a craftsman, was a car nut. Once the project was described he was on board, and actually made a complete set of wood pieces from a single piece of teak that had come from a U.S. Navy ship which an been decommissioned after the first Gulf War.