Friday, 24 July 2020

982 GT4 Spyder?

982 GT4 Spyder?





It鈥檚 been documented that it鈥檚 lighter weight than the standard interior. I agree there is a lot of fluff and I鈥檓 guilty of going down that path. 鈥檚 due to safety regulations , which is BS because there are other modern sports cars that are smaller. I鈥檓 not talking about the latest artificial 鈥淭鈥?models. The 987 Spyder doesn鈥檛 have a great deal of fluff but there are a few things Porsche could have done to further reduce the weight. For example removing additional sound insulation would have been nice. That would have brought more of the mechanical engine noises into the cabin. Also to me the exhaust was pure fluff, especially PSE. While I love how it sounds I rarely if ever drive with the valve closed so realistically the entire exhausts should have been a lightweight, valveless design that sounded good. For the price they charged this could have been easily accomplished. The 981 chassis is about as large as Porsche should consider going on these cars. If they go larger they are clearly moving the mid engine platforms in the same direction as the 911 which IMHO is way too large. It鈥檚 been over 8 years since I bought my Spyder and Porsche hasn鈥檛 produced anything convincing me to trade my Spyder. The T would be cool if they actually reduced its size, unfortunately that is impossible. It could be a generational thing too, the younger generation may not care about the lack of road feel and understanding what the chassis is doing. Perhaps like video games they adapt to the controls and can more easily learn the correct inputs to make the car do what they want.





We used to wrap presents with the funny papers from the newspaper sometimes! Yes, we need to look after the future of our children children, and teach they the value of life not in terms of money but in term of what we have around us. Another great post, no wonder you have 100 Hub score and good use of photograph as well. Relache, This is an excellent article on a subject that is near and dear. It is worrisome and frustrating. I can't tell you how many times I walk into a public restroom to find a tap running, and I do mean running, not dripping, or I see someone use a storm drain like a trash can. The list goes on ad infinitum. Education will be the answer. In a way, eReaders do minimise the use of paper, the toxicity of ink, the waste of unwanted books and the reduction in warehousing and transporting books. So there is merit there.





On the other hand, I also believe in sustaining tradition, which is a sentimental and emotional need for many. I think the magic words in this hub are 'gradual' and 'learn', to which I shall add 'balance'. Great inspiring hub, it should be taught in every school! You've inspired me again. I much prefer the idea of sustainable living than merely "green" living. So glad for your insight and suggestions. I agree with Becca. I wish that everyone would do these tips that can really help protect our mother earth. Some people tend to be careless of what they do. I hope they will always remember that we have only ONE EARTH to live in. This is very timely as we have been experiencing the effects of global warming immensely this year. This is also very practical in this time of global economic crisis. A grocery bag's worth of trash per year!





That really blew my mind. Thanks for putting out such important information and wise advice. Even taking those baby steps towards living more sustainably can make a world of difference. Despite the fact that I choose to call myself "green lotus", I applaud you for putting out this information and pinpointing the difference between "green" and "sustainable". I do feel good knowing our design firm only specifies sustainable products and is discerning when it comes to the many "green" products out there. Thank you for the best definition of green I've ever seen. I do prefer something being sustainable, rather than green, which as you say is just a catch word and means different things to different people. A very political word. You have some great tips here. Some are actually a bit scary, but you are right, we will have to stop wasting and use our own energy a bit instead of electricity.