Wednesday, 30 December 2020

New Panamera Towing Capacity

New Panamera Towing Capacity





Planning to get a new Panamera ST for towing race car to the track. Just confirmed with Porsche dealers, they said Trailer hitch is not configurable in US. Anyone knows where to get hitch for 2018/2019 Panamera? Anybody in US tried to tow with new Panamera before? Also from an Australian source the new Panamera can tow 3.5 metric tons, 7716lbs, is that true? 3 trailer hitch mount? The rear diffuser is solid and the car itself has a pretty low stance. On the German Porsche website it's an option on the configurator (or available on the Tequipment website for a pre-prepared car). Max. 2.2 metric tons towing capacity (I think the 3.5t figure refers to the Cayenne). Don't know why it doesn't seem to be offered in the USA. I am sure there is some regulatory reason why they are not offering it in the US market but the simple reason could be that few people would ever buy it. Americans overwhelmingly buy trucks and SUVs to tow things. There is a guy I see at Laguna Seca with a really sweet Cayenne GTS towing a trailer with his GT4. It is a complete picture, a Panamera would be pretty cool. 970, not sure if any have made one for the 971 yet. PDKs are not designed for much weight. Macan is rated to around 4500lbs if I am recalling correctly. Different PDK, but still dual clutch. Suspension, etc. also come into play. Find More Posts by GoBlue! I am also looking for a hitch option - not to tow, but rather to use my bike rack (receiver hitch mount). I have reached out to both of the well known hidden hitch manufactures - but neither has had a 971 in to design one yet. Marketplace Parts Marketplace Vehicle Marketplace Vendor Announcements Rennnlist Help and Announcement Forums Rennlist Forum Glitches - post them here. Test posts are permitted.





Which Porsche Cayenne Model Is Right for Me? You have three trim options when choosing a Cayenne: the base trim, the Cayenne S, and the Cayenne Turbo. The engine is the major difference between them. The price gaps between the trims are considerable, so make sure you really want that extra horsepower before you step up to a higher trim. Since the base engine provides plenty of get-up-and-go for most buyers, the base trim is likely the best choice for many people. Some of these features are available individually, while others are part of option packages. The price for these add-ons ranges from a few hundred to several thousand dollars, and prices for some items vary from trim to trim. 82,900. This trim features a 434-horsepower twin-turbo V6 engine. In addition to the base trim's features, the Cayenne S comes with a panoramic sunroof. Otherwise, it's largely the same. The available features are largely the same as well. 124,600. The Turbo features a 541-horsepower V8 and comes standard with a 14-speaker Bose audio system, heated front and rear seats, and 18-way power-adjustable front sport seats. It offers many of the same additional features listed above. Check out our U.S. News Best Price Program for great savings at your local Porsche dealer. During its redesign of the 2019 Cayenne, Porsche modernized its largest SUV and imbued it with some elements of the popular Porsche Panamera. The Cayenne still delivers better performance than nearly every SUV, but it now looks fresher and more clean-cut inside. It may not be the most practical SUV in the class, but it is one of the best. Don鈥檛 just take our word for it. Check out comments from some of the reviews that drive our rankings and analysis.





I managed to squeal the tires once, something I genuinely didn't expect. Worse, it was at an intersection, with some undoubtedly judging onlookers nearby. I'd say 235 front and 255 rear tires are a bit undersized for a car weighing over 4000 pounds, especially when the same car has more than 400 horsepower. That said, the brakes were easy to modulate, and steering felt secure in all situations. This is an easy car to drive smoothly and feels imminently confident. Driving the Macan Turbo was an eye-opening experience for me. I'll admit that I got this car mainly for style. I wanted my wife and I to show up to our various stay-cation spots looking glamorous. That goal was met. However, I didn't anticipate the amount of fun that a CrOsSoVeR could be when fitted with a proper drivetrain and tuning. On top of that, this car is super comfortable and would be a great daily driver. I'd say if any car is a jack of all trades, and master of acceleration, this is it. Thanks for sharing your experience. The Macan is a fantastic vehicle. Sounds like you had quite an experience. What is your daily driver? Yeah, Porsche options are fun. Yeah I think there was definitely some turbo lag in the Turbo model as well, but boy when it comes on, it's strong. Sounds like you had quite an experience. What is your daily driver? I have a 2016 Lexus IS 300 AWD. Prior to that, all my dailys have been "boring" sedans. So I don't have top-shelf standards, but I've also driven BMWs, Teslas, and of course other Lexus models.





For any Porsche model, I wouldnt constrain my search to a geographic area. I always look at the inventory available across the entire country and then negotiate shipping costs as a discount when I find the one I want. In SE there may be a few units available but there are over 90 turbo ST cars available nationally. 200k cars available. West Broward has more than a few on the lot. Another factor that is impossible to quantify is that serial Porsche buyers know that the Taycan is coming and it will be offered in a crossover style. I was told by a large dealer in SE Florida that ST will be special order only for 2019, similar to the large executive Panamera. This was a factor in my pulling the plug on one back in January. I picked up a heavy option Turbo ST that was a launch vehicle. MY price was 11.5% off the build sheet cost. Not sure why but the build sheet cost is different than the MSRP on the sticker? Plus I got a fair price on my Cayenne trade in. While wagons are not popular, they offer the best of all world in one vehicle. The PT ST can carry luggage, family and drive like a super car. How many SUV can do 0 to 60 in 3 secs? And hold its passengers in comfort while providing a great driving experience. I plan on keeping this car for a long time maybe 8 to 10 yrs and it is probable my last ICE vehicle. I think that over the next 10 years or so the technology for electric will evolve and all of our ICE vehicles will be scrap. The car is expensive but its a wonderful experience and may represent the pinnacle in the current technology.





The Audi A4 is a great all round vehicle and it has been given a facelift. The mid life refresh include revised styling front and rear bumpers and lights. The interior has been improved and fitted with more equipment. At first sight you don't feel a different but when driving on the motorway one can see the more chiseled front end and redesigned headlights. The new engine for Audi A4 is more efficient. Audi has always been concerned with providing more efficient engines and it has always developed strong engines on paper at least. The latest new engine for Audi A4; the 136bhp 2.0 liter TDIe is expected to be the biggest seller in the UK. It has CO2 emissions of 112g/km. Audi's stop/start technology helps it to save fuel by 11 per cent on average. In total you can rearrange the new engine for Audi A4 in 23 different ways along with the transmission. The new engine for Audi A4 is refined and smooth. It gives a comfortable ride. The six-speed gear box is very slick and pickup is without delay in every gear. Cars like Audi A4 spend most of their time on the motorway and at 70mph the engine spins at just under 2,000 rpm. On urban road the front wheel drive chassis is smooth and capable without being particularly inspiring but keen drivers will favor the rear wheel drive BMW. The new steering set-up is agile but slightly lifeless in feel, and although you can alter its weighting to Comfort or Dynamic modes, none quite matches the BMW. However, Audi leads the way in interior quality.